Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Update on Lesson

Ok...so yesterday was another riding lesson and we did trot over some standards (jumps that are very low). I thought that was going to be the biggest highlight of the lesson for me but I was in for a surprise!

Things changed when the my lesson horse didn't want to go faster than a walk and I couldn't make her change her mind! :P lol. So Mrs. D. gave me her mount, THE PERCHERON! (refer to previous post and last picture) and told me to ride her.

Now this horse is MASSIVE! She's 17 H.H. high and absolutely HUGE (I know I already said that but if you would have seen her that would be all you could say ;))! Her hooves were the size of dinner plates! When I got on her from the mounting block I had to reach higher still to put my leg in the stirrup! She is really well trained and extremely gentle. If she did a wrong maneuver it wasn't her fault 'cuz I must have pushed the wrong "button". After the lesson (that went really good b.t.w.), we rode back to the barn and Mrs. D. gave the okay to dismount and let me tell you, getting off a 17 H.H. horse takes a while till your feet finally touch the ground! lol :D

Riding a big, tall, black horse made me decide that if I couldn't get a Fresian (another big, tall, black horse) I could be very satisfied with a Percheron. lol :) I'm already keeping an eye out for one. :D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That must have been GREAT! I wouldn't have dared. :P Glad you have such a good time, luvly! ^^