Thursday, March 30, 2006

2 Kings 4:21

This was in a little devotional book called "Springs in the Valley" by Mrs. Charles E. Cowman. I thought it was neat.

And she went up, and laid him on the bed of the man of God, and shut the door upon him, and went out.
2 Kings 4:21

This poor bereaved mother was laying her burden on the Lord and leaving it there. That is one of the most difficult things to do: to leave our burdens with the Lord after we have placed them there…. In every burden, trial, or care, which we thus fully leave with God, and for which we fully trust Him, He will work above all we ask or think.
C.H.P.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sister, I can vouch for that. Amen

Three Sisters Blog said...

Your blog is really good!!!! I love horsed as well.
My family and I are missionaries to Ireland so I get to see mostly sheep:)