Friday, August 04, 2006

Happenings

Yesterday, Levi, Tabby and I saddled up and went out to the clover pasture where we had set up some barrels for racing. Dad came out and timed us. We did okay but it wouldn’t be a record for a real barrel-racing contest!

There are a couple gopher holes on the track so my horse won’t run fast till we get past the last barrel.

Shivohn and I getting ready to take off

Amigo did pretty well. He is the fastest of the bunch but hopefully not for long! ;oD

Levi and Amigo

We have been putting Maggie in a pen behind our garden so she can eat what little grass there is. Today I went out there to check on her and she wasn’t in there! I started calling for her but she wasn’t around. I was just going to go get Levi when I saw something on the road. There she was trotting along like she had every right in the world to be out and running away! She wasn’t turning in to the yard, but kept right on going, heading down the hill towards the highway! I ran as fast as I could to get in front of her before she started going down. We both were running pretty fast and almost crashed into each other but Maggie stopped right before she would have hit me. I got her turned around and into the yard all the while calling for someone to help get her put away, but everyone was in the house and couldn’t hear me! Finally Levi came out when the cow was in the middle of the yard and he helped get her put in a pen she couldn’t get out of. She must have gone through the fence because we forgot to turn it on after we had been working on it. Never a dull moment!

Uh, except for Maggie

4 comments:

Brittney said...

That dumb cow! How do you tolerate her? I'd put an ad in the paper if I were you. Better yet, put a sign on her. With the way she gets around, I'm sure she'd give herself plenty of advertising.

joygirl said...

I don't know how we put up with that cow! I tell her every day that she is annoying and stupid and she just looks at me and bawls :P.
That sounds like a good idea to put a sign on her ;).

Brittney said...

Ooooooh, Wisconsin is so terribly pretty! I love the hills!!!

Becc@ said...

I think all cows are that dumb!!! So you'd have to have to put an ad out on all the cows.=P
Thanks for the post that was fun!=)