Thursday, August 24, 2006

What's Been Going on Lately

Hey everyone! Sorry I haven’t blogged for a while. But you know there’s always that thing that’s higher up on your to do list than computer time. And that is work ;P. And work means busy, and busy means you might not get enough time on the computer than you want.

As I sit here typing this, I can hear; Canon in D playing on the computer, Mom playing the piano, and the lovely music of people talking out in the kitchen (where I probably should be right now). There are several smells wafting through out the house as well; probably the strongest scent is Vinegar but at this time of year I like the smell cuz it means canning and freezing and stocking up food for winter. Once in a while I smell that sweet smell of apples simmering on the stove, and if you went into the kitchen right now and stuck your nose over the big pan on the stove you would smell tomatoes, apples, cucumbers, sugar, hot pepper, garlic, cinnamon, ginger, and salt all blended together and getting boiled down to be made into Chutney.

Amigo (the prettiest horse we’ve got) somehow managed to get a long ugly gash across his ribs and stomach! It’s not that deep but it’ll leave a scar :(!





Yesterday and today, Levi has been working on making a little cart that Tinker will pull. It’s very cute but I don’t know if Tinker thinks it is =D! I know, I know, we need to make the shafts a little shorter ;P.



Well I better go get back to the kitchen and help Britt, but here’s another picture. Dad just bought an Olympus 6.0 MP Digital Camera and I’m having a lot of fun with it! I found this little black-eyed-susan and it happened to have a little tiny bee busily sipping nectar. Isn’t it cute!

4 comments:

Becc@ said...

Hannah, I got the greatest laugh out of that cute cart, that Leivi made! That was so cute to see that picture of Tabbi ridding it!=)
BTW, I can't wait to see you in a week!!!

Rachel Marie said...

Great post, Hannah!

I got a good "kick" outa' the whole thing, too!;-)

And that bee&flower are indeed cute! Great photography!;-)

joygirl said...

Becc@, I can't wait to see you as well! It's going to be a blast!!!

Anonymous said...

That's a cute little cart. I don't think I have ever tried Chutney.